Monday, June 28, 2010

SKB SB-1000's

This is the pen made famous by James Jean. I just ordered me a pack of 12. I love drawing with ballpoint and after going through Parker Jotters and Bic Cristals, hopefully my journey will end with these. The Parker Jotter is a beauty to hold and behold, I have the brushed stainless steel, but the ink is a bit dim and unreliable. The Bic Cristal is great to draw with, very cheap and can be found everywhere, but unfortunately it creates ink bombs every now and then. I've been trying to find Bic Orange Fines everywhere but they aren't sold in the states, at least I haven't found them anywhere. It'll be interesting to see how these SKB pens behave with their .5mm tip, which is the same diameter as my Pentel Quicker Clicker Original. I will definitely post my reaction.

One other thing. Who the hell is S.K.B.? Where are these things even made? You'll quickly notice how spartan that website is.

No comments: